Six Cambridgeshire archers attended the SCAS/Bedfordshire Double WA1440 record status shoot on the weekend of 15/16 July. The weather on the Saturday was overcast with rain for a couple hours through the day and the wind was on the tricky side between 10-15 mph. The weather on Sunday was a little better with lighter winds and the rain stayed away till prize giving.
Considering we only had six archers attending, as a county and personally for the archers we had quite a bit of success.
- Eleanor Brug of Cambridge City Bowmen won the Ladies Double recurve and also won all the 4 best distance score awards.
- Steve Haynes of Jolly Archers came third in the Mens Double compound, won the 50m distance best score award and also got his second GMB score.
- Lynn Gray of Jolly Archers came first in the Ladies Single WA1440 compound.
- Anke Hannemann of Cambridge City Bowmen came third in the Ladies Single WA1440 recurve.
- Daniel Dace of Netherhall Archers came first in the single Metric 1 recurve.
Well done to all the above archers.
Also on the same weekend Fakenham Archery club held its FITA weekend and we had quite a number of archers from the county attending this shoot, lets hope they also had a successful weekend (and someone also sends in a report, hint hint).
Hopefully the results from these and other shoots will help in selecting a Cambridgeshire County team for future inter county matches, but we still need more Cambridgeshire archers venturing out of club shooting and gaining experience in competition, its not scary and is a great way to test the skills you have been practising at your clubs.
Hope to see some more of you on the “circuit” soon.